How to Place a Men’s Ad
Think of your ad or profile as a silent salesman out there promoting you as an available and desirable marriage candidate. You will be amazed at how many replies you will receive from serious Russian women if you develop a compelling ad. Here are a few tips to maximize the results of your on-line and printed advertisements:
· Keep your expectations of you ad within reason. The main goal of your ad is to attract attention from marriage minded Russian women and get them to respond. Keep in mind it may take time before you receive your first reply.
· Place more than one ad. Maximize your exposure by placing your ad in different publications in different cities.
· Have your ad translated to the native language of your desired audience to increase the number of replies you will receive. Keep in mind that the replies you receive may need to be translated to your language.
· Publish your ad in your language (for example: English) if you intentionally want to limit your replies to be only from ladies capable of understanding your language.
· Renew your ad. If publishing your ad in local papers then republish it periodically. Keep on-line profiles up to date.
· Test your picture to see how it looks in Black and White. Most printed ads will be in newspapers and the photos will appear as a Black and White Half Tone image. Scan and print your color picture with your computer or take it to a copy machine to see how well it will convert into Black and White.
· Try using a different picture when renewing your ad if the result from the first ad was not satisfactory.
· Include both your email and postal address. You may want to take out a P.O. Box if you are concerned about receiving letters from Russia at home.
· Publish a picture if you are able to. Color is preferable over Black and White. A good portrait shot is vital. A full body shot is highly desirable if you can include it.
· Indicate your height and weight in Centimeters and Kilograms.
· Describe yourself honestly. Indicate your physical, professional and personality traits.
· Don’t be sarcastic or too whimsical. Humor is a difficult thing to convey in a printed ad and could easily be misinterpreted or mistranslated.
· Don’t reference to past relationships. Indicating that you are a ‘Divorced’ man could be a turn off to some Russian ladies. Explain or discuss your past relationships at another time once a correspondence and has been established.
· Indicate what you are looking for. Use a phrase such as ‘Seeking Marriage’ to indicate your serious intentions. Nobody wants to waste there time or stamps on someone who is not serious about there intentions.
· Include a link to a website where you can include more information about yourself and some pictures. This can be a personal website that you create yourself or your profile on another on-line dating service. This is a good way to refer the reader of your ad to more information about yourself beyond what you can place in a short printed newspaper ad. Keep in mind this only works if the lady has access to the internet. Make sure the link you put in a printed ad actually works (try it yourself) and will remain active for several months.
· If you do not have full time custody of a child you may not want to indicate that you have children in your ad unless you are specifically looking for a woman who will take on a parental role immediately. Use a phrase such as ‘ I love children’ as an indication you are a family man or would welcome a woman who already has a child. Certainly you will want to explain your family situation more directly in future correspondence.
· If you do not have children then this is a desirable attribute for many women especially the younger ones. If this is true for you then don’t hesitate to say so in your ad. Most Russian women are very family oriented but would rather build their own family with their future husband. Being a single man without children can be a significant advantage if this is true for you.
Visit these chapters for more information about Finding Your Russian Woman:
Previous Section | Table of Contents | Next Section